Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wednesday's Appointment

Well, I know that a lot of you have been waiting to find out what the news was at my appointment yesterday. I couldn't remember what time I had to be there, so I called first. Thank goodness I did, because come to find out, the pathology reports weren't back yet. So, he wouldn't have had any news for me. So, the appointment to look at my stitches and how I'm healing isn't until Monday now.

As far as the results, the dr. just called a little while ago. The lymph nodes came back negative for cancer.... YAY! As for the tumor itself, the invasive cancer only took up about 1cm of the tumor. It was surrounded by what they call "pre-cancer" or non-invasive. He said that it looks like they got all of it out with the exception of one area, so he wants to get back in and take more out in that area. That would also be an outpatient procedure. We're looking at getting that done before Thanksgiving, which will probably put my radiation date off a little longer.

If anyone is wondering, the results were needed for a few reasons. One is so that they could see if the cancer had indeed spread. Two was to be alble to stage the cancer. They also use this information to know how much radiation I'll need, and to get more info on the chemo that I'll be going through.

So, at my appointment on Monday, we'll discuss the results in further detail and go from there.

Otherwise, just laying low and nursing my right side. The cut under my armpit is really sore, so I have to be careful with how much I lift and so on. Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty healthy.

Hope all is well with everyone else!
Love, Brenda

1 comment:

wnt2Bner said...

I love you!You'd better be nursing your oooowwweezz as we say it at my house!!LOL