Saturday, October 21, 2006

Positive thoughts...

Ok, so maybe quitting smoking just isn't for me... Good news? I am NOT a quitter! That may work out for me in the long run! (lol) Guess I'll have to keep trying on this, though.

Anyhoo, Tim and I rode the Harley down to Daytona for Biketoberfest today. We had to have rode close to 200 miles, so my butt and back are killing me... and we're doing it again tomorrow! Oh well. I'll just take some motrin with me this time. Meanwhile, at an early point in the day today (11:32 am to be exact) I broke down and bought cigarettes. Grrrr! I really want this to work!

Anyways, about other things... I've decided to work on a list of good things that can come of my having breast cancer. I want to do this list soon, while I am still feeling rather healthy so that later, when I'm feeling crappy, I can read it and be reassured.

So, feel free to give me ideas of positive things that can come of this! I'll work on a list and post it soon.

I know that God has not decided to do this just to make my life miserable. He hast to have a long-term plan. Even though I don't know what it is right now, I do feel like this might be my chance to not only learn new things about my "inner self" but it also may help me find that "niche" that I've always been looking for. Perhaps I'm meant to help others by learning from my own experiences. We shall see. That is a reason why I wanted to keep this online journal. Maybe my reasearch and my thought processes can help others. If nothing else, I can let them know that their reactions to different stages of this are normal! Right now, I have a positive attitude (I'm invincible!) but down the road, I may be angry, and hit the whole "Why me????" stage. Either way, maybe it can help others in the long run.

I guess that's it for now. I should get some sleep.... headed back to Daytona tomorrow! Then, my dr. appointment is on Monday.

Love and hugs, ~Brenda

1 comment:

Aimee said...

1. You are bringing awareness to younger women around you. It can happen at any time.
2. You will likely learn to appreciate every moment of life, even the annoying things.
3. You will come out of this knowing you are strong and a fighter.
4. You will eventually quit smoking. (I am quitting too...uggggg!!!!!)