Friday, October 20, 2006

Michigan 2007 3day walk

I recently recieved an amazing e-mail from someone that I went to High School with. It follows:

Brenda,
Last year, I signed up to walk the Michigan 3 day walk to fight breast cancer. I found out about it really late and was unable to raise the $2,200 I had to. However, I was able to raise about $500 that went to the cause. Not great...but it was $500. I decided to walk for my sisters, friends, and mothers...for women as a whole. Last year, breast cancer never touched anyone I knew. This year, it does. And I'm really sad that it does. It would be an honor for me to walk in your name. I know this year will be a struggle for you both physically and emotionally. I would like to dedicate my walk to you, in your name. I will be walking 60 miles in 3 days and raising $2,200 for the fight to find the cure. Let me know if it is okay that I walk in honor of you and your fight. If you like, we could link our blogs up and if you have friends who would like to do something, in honor of you, they could. I know when I read that you had been diagnosed, my initial thought was that I wish I were closer. I would help you care for your beautiful girls, make food for your family....while I am too far away to do that, I can do something. Let me know. I'll send you my website. It would be an honor. XOXO Aimee

So, in order to help her raise money for her walk, go to http://www.the3day.org/site/pp.asp?c=ciKTLcPRLvF&b=297924 Hit the Michigan 2007 3day and search for Aimee Bingham. You can also go to her blog page, which is http://aimeeswalk.blogspot.com Together, we can help Aimee raise money for Breast Cancer awareness. Thanks, Brenda

No comments: