Friday, October 20, 2006

Dealing with Tricare

Well, Tricare (military insurance) "screwed the pooch" again. Big surprise there. Tim's on a rampage, and I'm worried he's gonna climb a water tower soon. Once we finally got the referral from tricare, we were able to get another appointment, but it's not until Monday. And that's just to talk to the dr. that will be doing the surgery. Won't find out until then when they're actually going to take this thing out of me.

I'm pretty sure the next step is to do the biopsey on my lymph nodes and to stage the cancer. Then, it'll be another surgery to do the removal. I figure I'm looking at another week or so.

I am gonna start slipping some of my prozac into Tim's dinner pretty soon, though. lol, j/k! He's a normal guy... he needs to fix things. Since he can't "fix" my body, he expects the person who can to fix it RIGHT NOW (or, in his words, "yesterday"). So, a lot of my energy is spent trying to calm him down a little. Which is great because it keeps my mind off of ME for a while. lol. But, I feel bad for him, because he's handling it the only way he knows how.

Otherwise, everything is well. I have two good friends that live close by that are helping a lot with the girls by getting them to school and picking them up and so on. Right now, that's the most help I need. After the surgeries, I'm sure it'll be a different story.

The good news is that once people found out that I had cancer, everyone sent love and offerings to help! I know that when some people announce the "C-word" people get scared and stop talking to them. Fortunately, I happen to be an excellent judge of character (if I do say so myself) and all of my friends/family have been more than kind.

So, I'd love to take this moment to thank each and every one of you. I've appreciated all of the phone calls, cards, e-cards, e-mails, hugs, and so on. More than anything, it is reassuring to know that Tim and I aren't doing this alone. It's a very scary time in our lives, and you are all more important than I can possibly express in words. Thank you for all that you've done and will end up doing over the course of the next year.

Oh, one more thing... while I do truely appreciate all of the phone calls, I'm probably going to have my ringer on silent for a while now. I have become overwhelmed with the phone calls. So, if I don't take your call, it's not personal. I'm just losing momentum with explaining to everyone what is going on. The best way to find out will be through my e-mails. This way, I can update everyone all at one time, without having to repeat myself. Please don't take that the wrong way. I love you all. This is just a very emotionally draining time and I have a lot on my mind right now. I'm sure you can understand that. If you do have questions or comments or anything, feel free to e-mail me. This way, I can respond at my leisure, when my mind is in the right place.

Love and huge hugs to you all,
Brenda

No comments: