Tuesday, February 13, 2007

More chemo today

I went and got my usual Monday Blood Test yesterday, and I had the nicest compliment! I had one of the scarves that I bought in Spain wrapped around my head into a bun in the back, and a lady came up and said how pretty it looked and even had me show her how to do it! She was so sweet.

Since I've lost my hair, I've begun wearing large earrings, large "Hollywood" sunglasses, and lots of bandannas/scarves. I've tried to wear my wigs, but just can't seem to get comfortable in them. They're not really "me." So, fortunately, I have a large collection of hats and scarves, because I always wore them before I went bald!

I do want to get on this website and order some of these, though before going to Bike Week. If you watch the videos, they look really cool and versitile. http://www.buffusa.com/index.html They're the same scarves that they give out on the Survivor shows each season, and you can do all kinds of things with them! Seemed pretty cool to me.

Going in for my second treatment of Chemo today. I'm not looking forward to that. I believe it's a conspiracy... every time I feel better and can taste food again they'll fill me full of more Drano. Bummer.

Also, by looking at my calender, we're supposed to be going to Bike Week in Daytona on the 8th-11th of March... my next treatment will be on the 6th. I wonder if I'd be able to talk my doctor into doing it either a week early or a week late. I REALLY want to go, and don't want to be sick the whole time! I plan on being a really bad-ass biker chick... no hair, are you kidding me? Who's badder than that??? Besides, I already have all my patches and my pins sewn on my bike vest, too. I'm trying to plan chemo around this, but I don't know if my Doctor will go for it. I'd hate to have to go psycho on her... j/k! lol.

I guess that's about it for now. We had a nice visit with my Mom and Dad and Grandma Marion this weekend. They were here Saturday afternoon and left around noon on Sunday to go further South in Florida. Can you blame them? It's warmer down there. They'll be back around Thursday for another couple of days. We'll probably hang around the house and BBQ or something, since I probably won't feel up to going out by then.

Anyhoo, that's the latest update. Not much new going on right now. Love and hugs to everyone! Thanks for all the great phone calls and e-mails lately! It's great to hear from people you haven't talked to in a while. Love, ~Brenda

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I didn't see your response to the video camera question...sorry. What I would like, if you're okay with it, is for you to tape yourself, the girls, Tim,fun things you do. Also, if you feel like it, one chemo session. I have a friend who makes movies and he has volunteered to edit it for me. I will do a voice over about the 3 day and we will show it at the fundraiser. This is all up to you though. If you don't feel like doing it 100% say no, not a problem for me.
#2 Can you email me your address? anbingham@hotmail.com
I have a very special non-cancer related present to send to you.