Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Aimee's Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk

Ok, now I'm not usually a pushy person (... well, ok, maybe I am sometimes) but I happen to have a legitimate gripe/complaint/bitch.

I have a friend, whom I've told you all about, named Aimee. She is getting a group together to walk the 3-Day Breast Cancer walk in Michigan to earn money for research. She is walking it in my name this year, and has been out running and working on her endurance in order to walk 60 miles in 3 days.

Problem is that I am literally the only person that has donated any money at all towards her cause. Give me a break.... I'm the one with the cancer! I can't believe that out of all my friends/family that care about me, not one of you can even consider donating $20 to support her team. I'm shocked. Even $5 makes a conscious effort on your part.

I guess in short, I figured it was a good cause, and the website gives you any information you may need, explaining what the money goes to and so on. If you're worried about giving your money away, then do your research, and then donate! (Please.)

Ok, I'm off my high horse now. If you really do have a legitimate reason not to donate to breast cancer research, then fine. Don't. It is still, of course, your money and your decision.

Thank you! Love, ~Brenda

P.S. Need directions on how to donate? Check my archives under 2006-10-15 and scroll down to "Aimee's Walk."

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Brenda
I am partially to blame because I haven't been fundraising. However, along with my training I will be fundraising soon.
Also, at the bottom of my site there is now a link to my donation page so that will make things a lot easier for people!
XOXO
Aimee