Thursday, November 02, 2006

Post-Op

Hi, everyone! I am home now, and I'm doing fine. I got home around 5 this afternoon.

I ended up not going into surgery until about 11:30 this morning. The surgeon finally came out to talk to Tim at 2:10 this afternoon. The doctor said he took out the tumor and sent it down to pathology. It tested positive for cancer cells on the outside of what he took out, so he had to go back in to remove some more tissue, which came back negative for cancer on the outside. So, he got as much as he could from the tumor area.

Then, he ended taking out three of my lymph nodes. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they may have found some cancer cells in the first two, and the third one came up negative, so he stopped there. That's just my guess on that, though.

Other than being a little sore in the armpit area, I'm doing fine. I was very dizzy every time I stood up for most of the day, but it's starting to wear off now, and I'm able to move around a little as long as I don't stand for too long at a time. Of course, I am on painkillers, so I'm not sure how long it'll be before I can return to work because I don't want to work with narcotics in my system! They don't want us drinking on the job (even though I AM a bartender) so I'm sure they don't want me drugged up! lol.

So, I have an appointment with the surgeon on Wednesday to go over what they found, and for him to check my incisions. But, I am doing fine. Fortunately for me, I've had a wonderful nurse (Tim) and beautiful visitors (the girls). Thanks to Tammy for taking care of Carley today. It was definately appreciated!

Love, ~Brenda

2 comments:

wnt2Bner said...

I am glad your fine. Keep the drugs and blow off work. You won't be on them forever. But you'll always be working.
Just remember I am a call away.
I love you.
meeee

Sandy Feet said...

I don't have your number! My phone died, remember? You have mine, though. Call me sometime this week. I'm not going too far! lol. ~B