Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Rough night

Well, yesterday and last night were pretty rough for me.

All along, I've had this "I don't feel sick, so there's nothing wrong with me" attitude. Then, Tim and I went to meet the radiation oncology doctor yesterday.

She is amazing! She didn't rush us, she listened to all of our questions and answered them completely. I am really glad to have her as part of the team that I'll be working with!

But, after the appointment, I went home and enjoyed some quiet time, where my mind slowly started to take over. By the time 6:00 rolled around and I had to go to work, I was NOT in a good place (in my head). Fortunately, I have one of the coolest bosses in the entire world. Betty closed the place down, gave me a few beers and let me just relax. I needed that more than she could possibly know! There was just no way my head was into working last night. I couldn't focus on anything. My mind was everywhere and nowhere all at one time. Definately a mess.

But, enough about that. I'm sure you all want to know what the dr said yesterday! lol.

Well, she talked about the surgery and any reconstruction that may need to be done. She told me about the radiation treatments, and then went on to tell me that because of my age and the size of the tumor, I'll also be doing chemo after the radiation to get any cells that may have moved somewhere else in my body. She confirmed what I already knew.... It's gonna be a long, ugly year!

But, I do have wonderful friends that live close by, family members offering to visit if I need them, and a boss that is flexible with whatever schedule I need to work around. I couldn't ask for a better support group at all!

Oh, and one more thing... Thank you to Jude and to Jannian for the care packages you sent to me! Jude, the cd's are very good. I can't thank you enough! I just need to get into the habit of setting time every day to enjoy them. Jannian.... I can't tell you how much fun it was opening your box of "goodies!" You never cease to amaze me! I love you!!!!

And finally, to my good friend, Chuck... Thank you for making sure that my emotional baggage and I got home in one piece last night! My Jeep was fine this morning when I picked it up. It's good to have friends to take care of you when you finally break down and let your emotions try to take over. I needed that!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween tonight. I can't wait to see all the kids in their costumes! Love and hugs, ~Brenda

1 comment:

wnt2Bner said...

Love to make you laugh!!!
Jannian