Thursday, February 08, 2007

Down the drain....

There it goes. Down the shower drain. My hair.

It started today.

Yesterday, I took a shower and washed my hair... no big deal.
Today, I showered and found that I was shedding more hair than any animal that I'd ever seen.

How do I handle this? I tried my wigs on again...

I am incognito.
Undercover.
A secret agent.
Mission Impossible.

That, my dear, is not Brenda Austin. That is some freak in a wig (and sunglasses).

What do I do now? Do I cry. I took another shower, and cried.
I was home with only the girls, and I didn't want them to hear me freaking out. So, I freak out under the cover of my shower noise.

I was supposed to go out and meet some friends tonight. I don't want to leave the house.
My depression was bad enough. I'm gaining weight because I feel too sick to exercise much of the time. When I don't feel to sick, I finally feel well enough to actually eat, so that is what I do.

Depressing....

I've gone from 145 pounds to 168 pounds since October. I have almost reached my 9-month pregnancy weight!
I am bored. I have nothing to do all day, except to listen to the pounding in my head (construction upstairs) and read or sit at the computer.
My friends all work, so I have nobody to talk to all day.

Then, I think... if I had someone to talk to, what would I talk about?
Me?
My depressioin?
My soon-to-be-baldness?
My cancer?
Chemo?
My friend that has a much worse diagnosis than I do?

All the friends I'm making lately are cancerous. That's supposed to be supportive? That's what they keep telling me. While they're great people, I just want to run away, screaming at the top of my lungs sometimes.

Sadly, because there is nothing outside of my medical situation really going on right now, I have nothing to talk about. Grrrr....

And now I'm losing my hair.
And I look like a freak in a wig.
Tim's advice? Buy more beanies, because my head will get cold.
Thanks, hun.

Don't mind me. Today (obviously) is not one of my "good" days. Maybe tomorrow will be. We'll see!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I was wondering if cancer talk was going to grow annoying. You are more than cancer. What did you do before cancer? What are you up for doing? Since you're bored...what have you wanted to try but never felt like you had the time to learn/do? Maybe now's your chance??? (I'm bored too so I'm giving candle making a try.)
FYI I thought you and your daughter looked very cute with the little bandanas on. Maybe one of those would work for covering the hair?