Thursday, January 11, 2007

The news from last night.

Well, it's been a busy week. I had a dr's appt. on Monday, which was to make the appointment for Thursday to have my port catether put in. We're headed there in a little while.

On Tuesday, I had to drink barium dye (yummy.... not!) and have my PET scan. That was pretty uneventful.

Last night, the dr's office called me with the results of my CT scan, and they found a cyst on my left ovary. That scared me at first, and I'll admit that I'm still a little concerned, but the paperwork said that it is believed to be "unrelated to the known breast cancer." Plus, my friend, Tammy said that when she stopped taking birth control, she got a cyst, too, and they just put her back on BC to shrink it back down. Problem is that they're not going to put me back on BC because the hormones feed my cancer.

So, I'm supposed to be getting scheduled for an ultrasound so they can take a better look. I'll let you know more as I know more. Tim's pretty worried, though, because my tumor on my breast started out as a cyst and 6 months later, it was cancer. So, he doesn't know what to think. I try not to worry about too many things at once if I can help it, though.

I guess that's the news for now. Hope you're all doing well.
Love, ~Brenda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a few cyst on my left ovary about 4 yrs ago. Didn't know it until one of them burst. I did have a one day thing where they went in and removed the cyst that was left. Looked like Mickey Mouse was on my ovary. Anyway, hope that it turns out to be good news for you. I think about you alot and if you ever need anything just give me a call.

Your sister-in-law that wishes she could do more for you. Rachel